Adding Site Filters to DMS Reports with Sitecore 6.5
July 19, 2012 4 Comments
DMS does not have a Site Filter for multi site enviornments in the latest version of Sitecore 6.5 but I found adding one is quite easy so here is a little tutorial.
Step 1 Create a Filter
- Browse to /sitecore/system/Marketing Center/Analytics Filters/Report Filters.
- Insert a new ‘Filter’ named Site.
- Set the Type to ‘Sitecore.Analytics.Reports.Filters.ValueListFilter, Sitecore.Analytics’
- Set the ColumnName to ‘MultiSite’
Step 2 Add Filter Values
Select your new new ‘Site’ Filter and insert two new ‘Predefined Filter Values’ name them ‘website’ and ‘site2′ and set their values accordingly.
Step 3 Add the Filters to each Report
- Browse to the reports in /sitecore/system/Settings/Analytics/Reports SQL Queries. ( for this example I used ‘Latest Visits’ )
- Add the column [Visits].[MultiSite] to the SQL fields.
- Add the new ‘Site’ filter to the Filter field.
Step 4 Go Test the filter on your report
- Open the Report from the ‘Engagement Analytics’ Menu Option.
- Test your new filter with the Filter Button up top.